University studies

    If you would like to start studying in Germany or if you had to break off your studies in your home country and now want to finish them, there are several places you can go to in Bielefeld.


    Students from the European Union, the European Economic Area and certain other countries can enter Germany without a visa.
    All other international students usually need a visa – especially if they want to stay in Germany for more than three months. When you enter Germany, the visa must be presented at the Foreigners Registration Office and converted into a residence permit for study purposes.

    University of Bielefeld – International Office
    Universitätsstr. 25
    33615 Bielefeld
    Phone 0521 106-6975

    International Office


    Refugees who have been forced to break off their studies can continue them at the University of Bielefeld or commence a new course of study.

    All details can be found here:

    University of Bielefeld
    Clearing Office for Refugees and University Studies
    Universitätsstr. 25
    33615 Bielefeld
    Phone 0521 106-67542

    University of Bielefeld Clearing Unit


    Individual counselling is available at the International Office for international students and refugees who wish to continue and/or commence studies at the university.
    Refugee students will also be looked after during their studies and can turn to the contact persons there if they have any questions and problems.


    Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
    International Office
    Interaktion 1
    33619 Bielefeld
    Phone 0521 106-7764

    International Office FH

    The “Anabin” database provides information on the recognition of your foreign educational qualifications. In addition, it assists authorities, employers and private individuals in classifying a foreign qualification on the basis of the German education system.